Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm tagged

I was tagged, the first time ever to be tagged. It was Chica Mama who did the dirty deed so here goes, not sure I can put my best foot forward, but here goes.

1. one book that changed your life?
The first book was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess, that was the book that I learned to read and it was my very first and only book that I owned, well, when I was a preschool. The next one was Anne Frank’s Diary, I was young and it made me see things differently. Gave me a view of how crazy man can be and how cruel man can be. There are so many but another life changing book was The Odessy, it gave me an interest in mythology.

2. One book that you have read more than once?
Oh my, I read so many more than once. I have read Larry McMurtry’s Lonesome Dove at least four times. I never tire of Little Women, or Little House in the Big Woods, or The Good Earth. The Clan of Cave Bear. I can tell you there are so many, but those are a few.

3. One book you would want on a desert island? Probably Lonesome Dove, silly I know, but it is so entertaining and his characters are so life like.

4. One book that made you laugh? Carmello by Sandra Cisnero. Very funny and true to life.

5. One book that made you cry? Lonesome Dove. Of Mice and Men

6. One book you wish had been written? Pride and Prejudice

7. One book you wish had never been written The left behind books.

8. One book you are currently reading? Ovid and The Popol Vuh. I know, what am I thinking

9. One book you have been meaning to read? There are too many.

Tag 5 people to do the meme: Mouse, you’re it, Delagar, you too, Mike, if you are here, do it, Dragon Fly quit your lurking and get busy doing this thing, and finally Otrgirl. Go, I say, and do the meme.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I'll have to add Lonesome Dove to my list of books to read. And Carmello.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thankfully there are many Mikes in the world, so I can assume you were talking to a different one.

9:02 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

Hey! No tagging me! Shit, girl.

9:32 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

I like the meme, but I won't have anything that sounds as impressive as the books you've listed!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

Hey, are you not getting my emails?

9:47 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

No, you, Mike you and Delagar, yes,now I'm getting your emails. Do the meme or you will have an abundance of really really something something happen. Go, do it. MIKE.

10:38 AM  
Blogger CB said...

I will willingly. And that whole getting where I need to go won't be a problem but I need a vehicle; I need one bad; I can't handle this lack of independence; I just can't. It makes me lose sleep or not sleep at all.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home