Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Death Camp

It started when I watched Oprah. She had Elie Wiesel on and they were touring the death camp. The man was only 15 when he and his family were loaded on a cattle car and taken to the death camp. His mother, sisters, and grandmother were gassed. There were pictures, it was graphic and they showed all the shoes of all the children. There were pictures of these babies, my grandson’s age and older children my seven-year-old grandson’s age and little girls and boys and it just broke my heart, they were on their way to the gas chambers, some to the crematorium to be burned alive. How could they, how could we allowed it to go on for so long?
That’s what started it and then I began to think of the custody battle and what if I lose, and then about school and what if I can’t finish, and then my age, why am I doing all of this at 51? It snowballed and by yesterday, I couldn’t even think.

Last night, I translated Catullus, poem 3. Today, I’m still thinking about the death camps.

5 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

One thing at a time. That's how you have to think of it. And try not to think of those fucking Nazis. I know that's hard, especially when they're still here, living in our country, taking up camp here, but shit, what else can we do?

Do one thing at a time. When you get to the foot of the mountain, a road will appear.

8:03 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Right now, I'd settle for a path, but the road will be nice, at the foot of the mountain.

11:30 AM  
Blogger CB said...

Yah, what delagar said? Btw, I'm ready for another vacation/break/fun thing. Are we gonna have a picnic? I think it would be fun.

12:32 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Yes, we are going to have a picnic, I just have to get over this, this crap of being panicky. I'm hoping soon, maybe next weekend or something.

4:41 PM  
Blogger CB said...

okay well let me know if you need anything and relax, its all good and if its not, it won't be bad for long.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home