Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Grwoing old

Yesterday was the Good Son’s birthday. He turned 28. His friends took him out to celebrate and since I had to run down to the fort to pick up my meds., I wasn’t at home when he left. But at 6:10 I called him and left a voice mail. I said, “This very minute 28 years ago, I pushed you right out of my body and you took your first breath. You were so tiny with these really long fingers and toes and you had a huge nose for your size. You were pink and had a head full of blond hair that almost looked silver. When I held you quit crying. Happy Birthday, I love you.”
Now my son was on his way to a club with a van full of his friends, mostly guy friends, macho guy friends, and he calls me back. I can hear the guys in the back ground and he says, “I love you too.” They all stop talking and go, “Ahhhhh.”
I have a 28 year old son and a 29 year old daughter. Damn, I was just 21 a few weeks ago, where did the time go and why didn’t someone tell me it was going to go so quickly.

2 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

Tell the Good Son I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

9:04 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Same thing keeps happening to my kids. Suddenly my daughter is 20. How did that happen?

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home