Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm better

After what seemed like forever, the Baby has now figured out that the potty chair is a potty chair and not other things. So, one day he says, “Peepee.” Mr. Zelda sits him on the potty and the Baby peepees on the potty. We did a happy dance, marched around the apartment doing the peepee in the potty dance and on and on, well that was the first and last time. So, maybe he will get the urge again soon. On a bright note, he is now holding his legs straight up in the air while I change his poopy diaper, that’s a relief from all the lifting.

Yesterday, he was telling us jokes and laughing and laughing and while we didn’t exactly understand his jokes, he was so cute and funny that we had to knee slap laugh with him.

He loves rocks. We went rock hunting and I found a few fossils and a couple of just unique rocks and he has taken them over as his.

I’m feeling better, tired and sore most of the time, but the depression thing is easing up. I actually see day light now and have left the house daily. I hate my disease because of the depression. I could be manic all the time, that’s not a bad thing but about every few years or so, I drop to a low that takes me weeks to come out of and when I start coming out, I feel like I have had major heart surgery. I know that heart surgery is much more serious as far as recovery than coming out of a depression, but folks, this one like to have done me in. If I had not had the Baby, well I think that I could easily have gone to bed forever. That’s how I felt, just let me go to bed, cover my head, and sleep. Things are better, slowly but surely they are improving.

7 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

glad your feeling better. keep in there, it's gonna be okay.

7:02 AM  
Blogger CB said...

oh and when ya going to rose rock?

7:02 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

Glad to hear the gray is lightening a bit. Baby sounds so funny (and smart). I'm so glad he has you, and that you are slowly getting you back, also.

11:01 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Thanks otrgirl and mouse. I am better. Today went to the park and got some rays. I think the sun has helped. I didn't even care that my shirt had strawberry ice cream from the Baby.

12:53 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Sounds like things are improving. I'm so glad to hear it.

I'm glad you got to the park and took in some sunshine.

4:37 PM  
Blogger CB said...

hey, i'm so there with ya on finding rocks.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Austin of Sundrip said...

heart surgery (not disease but heart surgery) is easier than bi polar disorder in that there are two choices, you live or die..for long years you don't waddle back and forth between ups and downs & close calls. and often heart surgery is a routine thing, a science with specifics and across the board type facts.

Bi Polar disorder has roller coasters that even amusement parks owners would shudder at. So, when it comes to living with a chemical imbalance, the ups and downs are more complicated than take this beta blocker, exercise and stop eating big macs. And no one adds a stigma to a heart patient or tells them to pick up their boot straps and get on with life.

smiles to you and yours,
Austin of Sundrip Journals

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home