Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Baby update

I’m pleased to announce that Baby is getting tired of his diapers and when he poops, he wants the diaper changed immediately. Potty training is coming real soon. WE bought him a chair, a really nice potty chair, with a faux flusher. He is using the bowl for a hat and the other part that the bowl sits in for a frame for his face. The other part turns into a stool and he is using that to jump off of. The good news, he knows what it’s for, he just has an imagination.

He is forging for food less and less. The forging was a result of my Drug Addicted Daughter passing out, and he would have to find food however he could and it often involved opening up a box of macaroni and eating it raw. Now, he rarely looks for food and never stashes it, he is used to getting his meals regularly and snacks and can get milk or juice by asking. He just tells me he is hungry and I get it for him. I can only imagine what this baby has had to do without waiting on her to wake up. Thank god the judge gave him to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger OTRgirl said...

No kidding. I'm so glad he has someone who is family to love him. Having dealt with kids in residential treatment who were 'surrendered' with no where (one) to go to, I'm so SO glad he has you.

It's hardly the same, but we adopted a pound dog and in similar fashion we get to figure out her previous life based on her current behaviors. Like: she was messed with by kids outside the fence (she HATES 12-15 year old kids on bikes outside our fence), she must have been messed with by someone with a hose cause she hid ran inside and hid under the bed the first time I got it out.

3:30 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

otrgirl how sad for your pound dog. We had a dog that I got when he was only a couple of months old but in those two months, he was left outside in the heat in the desert and for the longest time when we put him outside he acted like we were going to leave him there forever. He died at the ripe old age of 19. In those 19 years, he was such a companion to me and then to my children. Thanks for dropping by.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home