Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Buttons, Buttons, I have the Buttons

Buttons got here yesterday afternoon. It has been over two weeks since I last saw him, I think two weeks. Anyway, my son says Button’s mother, who is my daughter, asked him to watch him all weekend, and as soon as she left, he brought the baby to me. So, since his arrival, I have not let the sweet baby out of my sight. Last night, we made a run to Target’s to get him shoes, yes she has lost yet another pair of shoes, and a couple of new toys, and he needed clothes. (My son said all the clothes that we have bought him are dirty, piled in the bathroom floor). He picked a huge ball and a little musical toy. I tell you, my poor baby never leaves the house except to go to some other house. As soon as we got inside the store, his eyes lit up, and he smiled at all the people and at all the things. He clapped his hands as if it were the first time he had ever been inside a store. I know this is not true, but you can tell it is not something he does a lot. This morning, my son is asleep, Mr. Zelda is at work, and Buttons and I are watching the squirrels and intermittently making music. At this very moment, he is putting fish/cheese crackers inside a plastic container. For the rest of the day, I am happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home