Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

We did it, we watched Brokeback Mountain. I have to tell you, I was a little afraid that the audience, mostly middle aged and teenagers, would not see the beauty of the story. There were a few times when a person or two would laugh inappropriately, but I think it was nervousness. During the entire movie, people were as breathless and on the edge as was I. When it was over, I expected applause, but most people quietly got up, a few wiping tears, and as a group we mulled toward the exit. By the way, the theater was jammed packed, as we say here in the hills. I recommend for everyone to go see the movie, it’s a powerful movie. Now, to get to see Capote and Pride and Prejudice and I will have the movie list pretty much caught up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home