Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Too old to give a fuck

Happy New Year to all! By the way, Ms Zelda has now added another year to her many. Today is her birthday. She is 53. 53! It doesn't even feel like me writing it. I mean, really, who in the hell is at 53 years-old still going to school, still hanging out with people young enough to be her children and, in the most cases, being at least five or ten years older than those kids' parents.

So, I am old as dust, wrinkled as a prun, but the good news is, I am old enough to not give a fuck. Really, and I have to tell you that over the last three or four years it has felt great, that not giving a fuck. I don't worry if my pants make my butt look too big, or if I have a zit on my nose, or if my legs need shaving.

So, again, Happy New Year and for those women who do give a fuck, trust me, you'll feel so much better if you just release it and practice the art of not giving a fuck.

3 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

happy belated birthday

12:41 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

What good advice.

I hope you had a happy birthday!

9:24 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

That's what I look forward to! I've always said my goal age is 72 cause (hopefully), I'll still be healthy, but old enough to get away with anything and just play the 'old lady' card.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home