Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

So, I'm still here.

So, I'm still here, just busy. I have one more paper to write, and I can join the world. It's not that I haven't had time, it's just that I have been thinking. Sometimes I sit for hours and think. One of my favorite thoughts is what if I had sextuplets. I know, crazy, especially since I am through menopause and, get this, had a total hysterectomy a couple of years ago. So, why am I thinking of babies? Another thought that reoccurs: winning the mega lottery. I know, like I would, like I even play, but I think about it and how I would not be a rich snob. I also think about Gary, you probably don't remember, but he was my first real love. In the back seat of his chevy, during the heat of the summer, with the windows down, and the frogs and crickets singing and me trying to say no, but never quite getting the strength. And, I think about age and how it just crept up on me and one day I was twenty something with perky bouncy breasts, small waist, and a tight butt and then, well, gravity won and now all that firm and perk, well, it's not firm and perk. Plus, while getting old has its perks, you know like doctors that really enjoy making us old folks happy with good doses of good drugs, there's that other side. Sure, getting legally high is great, but facing the last couple of good decades that I have left and knowing how fast time flies, well, I have to admit that it's just a little irritating. Damn, my neighbors are getting high again. Oh well, hopefully soon I'll have something to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home