Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, November 23, 2007

My First

I share an office with five guys, we have our desks arranged where we are pretty much all facing each other. The first day of school, we were all nervously awaiting our time to stand in front of a classroom filled with freshmen. At ten before the hour, I began walking down the corridor rehearsing what I was going to say. My name is Zelda, you may call me Zelda or Ms Zelda, whatever feels comfortable. I thought about trying something funny but decided against it and then I was in class and there they were all sitting there in their new school clothes and new back packs and hair combed and new shoes without wear and I realized they were as nervous as I.
“Hello,” I said. “It will get easier.” They laughed and for the first time ever, I felt like I was home. Today, I began making the final test, so I have survived my first semester teaching comp. I. I am dreading the Christmas break. How many people can say that they love their job so much that they dread the holidays?

5 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Zelda! You're back!

7:58 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Yep. Actually, I am just procrastinating, you know, the other writing.

5:30 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Well, don't do that! But I often use blogging to oil up for novel writing, so.

7:24 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Congrats on surviving the first semester!

Nice to see you back.

6:51 PM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

Great to have you back. It must be fulfilling to discover that the thing you're training for is something you love to do. That's fantastic.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home