Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Home Alone

I’m home alone and the silence sounds pretty damned good. For the first day in months, my sofa is a sofa again, my corner where I sat and look out of the door at the squirrels and birds is now mine and not the huge toy box’s. (is that how you make box possessive?) I can drink hot coffee without worrying about tiny hands knocking it over, burn candles without my beautiful grandson thinking they are meant to be blown out, and run, if I wanted to run, through the house naked, well, I guess that would be a pretty depressing sight, but I could. Oh and did I mention, no cartoons and I can now watch all those movies with subtitles, yes. Here goes. Oh, and I can leave my laptop out and my briefcase open, and if I wanted, smoke pot, if I wanted. Yeah, I’m free, I’m free, thank the gods, I’m free at last.

3 Comments:

Blogger OTRgirl said...

Enjoy!

11:29 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

Did they move back to Waldron?

8:57 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Not Waldron, more east. They are living in my house. So you're back?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home