Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sex!!!

I have been watching them, they don't know. Sometimes to get a better a view, I retreat to my bedroom, upstairs, where I can see better and hide better. She sings to him, yep, and he, well, he gets so close to her that I doubt there is room for a single hair to pass between.

When I first saw them, I was delighted, finally, I thought, something to watch besides reality TV. So, my son comes over and I'm sitting looking out the door and he says, what are you looking at, and I say, shhhh, they'll hear, and he says, who, and I say, Lee and Loraine and he says, who, and I say, my neighbors. He says, you know their names, and I say, no, I named them. Don't you think he looks like a Lee and she a Loraine? My son says, you're crazy.

This evening, I hear them, well, I hear her, she is singing, so softly and he is there petting her and I keep watching as he touches her breast and kisses her face and I am sure this is the moment, the very moment that I have been waiting for, anticipating, and he does it, he climbs on her and does his thing and afterwards, they get real close and they put their heads together and I hear them. Coo, coo, they sing, so softly and the other birds go about their buisness of building their nests, but my friends, Lee and Loraine, their nest is built and soon, they will have eggs and eventually, there will be dove chicks and if all goes well, I'll be able to watch out of my bedroom window as Loraine and Lee tend to their family. Ahhh, and life goes on.

4 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

Rock on. It's Spring, you know, the time for all that. and i'm sure if I look in my backyard there are little birdies everywhere, doing their things.

2:09 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

What a wonderful post. It made me smile.

4:25 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

We've got crows nesting in our yard -- the kid and I peer around the sill by my writing area, watching them gather bits of straw and and grass out of the yard, flying it up into the big tree. It's three crows, building the nest together. Now what is up with that? I told the kid it was an uncle, helping out, but I am not so sure.

2:24 PM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

Nice twist! I was wondering about your voyeuristic tendencies...

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home