Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

So, here's the thing. A lot of things are happening to me, you know; like, well, there's the stomach problems that were supposed to be resolved with my surgery, and there's the coccidio, and the medicine for the coccidio, and of late, I'm losing my hair. Two big bald spots right in the front, and then this morning I got out of bed and felt a bit of a draft, on my head, and ran my hand through my hair and lost the entire right side of my hair. I had class and had to work in the lab, so I went with my hair all weird looking, yep. So, after class, I went to the hair cutting place and said, shave it and he did and then he washed my scalp with a very hot towel and rubbed my head with this stuff, it tingled all over. Anyway, I truly didn't think I was going to be affected by the bald head, really. I know, I've had long hair for a few years and started cutting it off a few months back, so really, I just thought I'd get it shaved and be done with it, but I wasn't prepared for other folks' reaction to me being bald. You know, people who don't know me and automatically think, because of the no hair, that I am dying. When I got home, I looked in the mirror and thought about my perfectly formed and round head. It's okay, I like being bald, it's sort of liberating, but, to be honest, I hope I get to quit the medication soon and I really hope my hair grows fast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

You are such a Britney Spears wannabe.

8:08 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

Eh, fuck'em if they can't take you being cool.

7:32 AM  
Blogger CB said...

yeah, what delagar said!

9:04 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

Lots of fun hats, but I'm sure the 'she must have cancer' sympathy looks are old already.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home