Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I see the light

And so it's that time of the year. Seems like just yesterday, I was standing in line at the bookstore buying my used books and wondering how in the hell I was ever going to get that many books read in such a short time, but alas, I did it, read them all and some. Now, we are in the home stretch and the end is near. One more class, that's all I need before I am scheduled to take my comps. My degree, Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies. yeah!! they added that cultural studies because I've takens some cultural studies stuff. Anyway, now it's time to get my stuff together for the phd program and truthfully, I'm going to switch to the English department, not because I really want to abandon the comp lit, but because I am so frustrated with the head of the department and the lack of funding and the lack of everything; plus, a degree in English will allow me to take rhetoric classes.
So, onward and up and soon summer will be here and I'll toss the required reading on the shelf and conentrate on studying for comps and maybe getting in a little fun reading and fun writing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

What are you going to do with all this learnin'?

8:15 AM  
Blogger CB said...

Would you please come turn the light on at my end?

1:09 PM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

The light at the end of the tunnel! Congrats!!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home