Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

....update....

Well, I made it through another year, yep, get to take my comps in November and on to the PhD program. I am trying to decide if I want to stick with comparative lit/cultural studies, or go into the English PhD program. Decisions, decisions. On the one hand, the English program is well funded, which would mean an automatic TA position; but the comparative lit/cultural studies is a more valuable program and I more than likely will get a TA position there too. I don’t know.

Oh, I brought my bike from our house. We aired the tires and I took it for a quick spin and I have to tell you, I like the bike riding. Saturday, I am going to expand my riding to up hill.

Good news, my last lung test, the one where they use valium to put me in a nice daze, came back with some good news. So, I am now, using almost all of my lungs capacity and the fungi that has invaded has been shoved back to almost nothing. I can, the doc says, have one more round of antifungal and chemo but I say, no. If I am not better by September, then I'll go another round, but for now, I am liking feeling so good. By the way, I now have hair about 3/4 inches from my scalp and while most gay men hit on me, until they notice the girls, I am thinking I look quiet hot, well, not hot as in that's hot, but hot in not so old looking. I may keep the skin head look.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Welcome back to blogsville.

8:08 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Thanks Mike. Hopefully, I will have the time to keep blogging.

8:18 AM  
Blogger OTRgirl said...

I ride my bike to work most days. I love it.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling well.

2:52 PM  
Blogger CB said...

WOO!!!!!! such wonderful good news.

8:49 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Yay, Zelda! I loved biking in FV, though I admit I sought out routes that did NOT have hills in them.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home