Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The menu

Okay, the turkey is in the refrigerator defrosting, I have diced the onions and celery for the dressing. Today, I’ll make the cornbread and the pie crusts. Only two pies, one pan of dressing, a bowl of creamed potatoes, asparagus, green beans, and yeasts rolls. That’s it. Oh and the turkey. The salad, fruit with nuts and a little whipped cream.

This is the first Christmas that I will spend with my children and grandchildren, well that is to say, spend the time with my family and not with my family and my sister's family. Usually, we go to my sister’s house and open gifts, eat, and play games. But this year, I am breaking tradition. I just don’t want to spend my time amid all the family stuff. Sometimes, the holidays are best spent alone or with your own family, children and grandchildren and of course significant other. While I love my sister and her very large family, I just want to do things simple. Simplicity, that’s the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home