Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

How do you decide?

My daughter is coming up the day before Christmas eve and Christmas eve. She says she is taking my baby grandson, Buttons, home. I am at my wits end. WE have had him for a couple of weeks now, and he is on a regular schedule, eats good, gets two baths a day, wears clean clothes, has play time with someone other than himself, and gets to cuddle with me or Granddad anytime he wants. She says she is clean, isn’t doing dope, but my husband talked to her and says she is rambling like she is tweaking, which means she is planning on crashing for two days here and that will be okay as long as she doesn’t leave and buy more dope. I am going to try and talk her into leaving Buttons with me, the older grandson is going to be with his father Christmas day and for two weeks thereafter. I hate to call the police on her, but if she tries to leave with the baby, I am going to call her probation officer and have her call the cops and get them to take her in for a blood test, that will mean I can keep the baby but she will spend time in jail. It’s horrible, I’m torn between seeing my daughter in jail or seeing my grandsons safe. The safety wins out hands down, but then there’s my little girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

I think you have the right idea. The safety of your grandchildren needs to be your top priority.

Tough situation.

4:51 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

The safety always comes first. She's here, crashed. When she is asleep, she looks like the girl that she was before the drugs.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home