Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Shopping at the Wall isn't always the bomb!

I went to the local Wal-Mart store to do the last minute shopping. I found the baby's toy piano, the bigger kid's telescope, and the other odds and ends, and then, yep then, the employees began ordering all the folks out of the store. I thought I might hide in the toy section, nothing doing, they found me. I was sent out, and we waited for an hour in the cold parking lot. Some ass hole had nothing better to do than call in a bomb threat. Most of the shoppers left, so that when it was safe to go back inside, I pretty much had the store to myself. Great feeling.

Okay, I hate the way Wal-Mart treats its employees and how they are unethical in their business doings, but I must admit, I did my last minute shopping there. I have been good, have boycotted the store for months, but last night, Target’s was full, Toy’s R Us was full, I didn’t want to go to the mall, so I broke my husband’s rule about shopping at the Wall. I don’t feel guilty, but I do wish I had waited and gone to Targets. The bomb thing, well that was just stupid and no matter what a person thinks about a store, they should consider the employees and the shoppers before pulling a stupid stunt like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home