Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Prince Charming is a lie

Okay,
The deal was, he, Mr. Zelda, would be in charge of the laundry. That means, he would carry the basket downstairs, put the dirty clothes in the washer, then the dryer, then he would fold or hang up the clothes. Well, that was a dream. He washed a load once, left them in the washer, they had to be rewashed, I put them in the dryer, reminded him of his chores and he carried them upstairs and dumped them on the bed. Now, what does he think? There might be a clothes fairy that folds and puts those clothes away?
I cleaned our little townhouse/apartment spotless Thursday and Friday. Finished papering the shelves, organized the vegetables from A-Z, washed the canisters for the flour and so forth. Cleaned the bathrooms, washed clothes, in general did everything, all the while, trying to unpack. Well, the grandchildren have been here and now the house is a mess. He, Mr. Zelda, is up stairs watching television while the grandsons go wild, and I am down here cleaning. At one point, while I was washing this huge knife…well it was a thought. So, my question is, do all men avoid work or just Mr. Zelda? And why is it he sees the cookie on the floor, calls my attention to said cookie and then acts like I am the messiest person in the world? Hmmm. On the bright side, as long as I am down here cleaning, he is upstairs watching television and I don’t have to listen to his ramblings about nothing. Is this how happily ever after is supposed to be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home