Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Coach And His Team

Check out the story about the competitive little league coach. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8587599%20/

PITTSBURGH - A T-ball coach allegedly paid one of his players $25 to hurt an 8-year-old mentally disabled teammate so he wouldn’t have to put the boy in the game, police said Friday.

The boy was hit with a baseball in the head and the groin. The little league commission says if he is found guilty, they won’t let him coach for a year. Hello! If he is found guilty, they better send his ass to jail.
It’s bad enough when one child hits another but it’s immoral if the child doing the hitting is doing so because he was paid by an adult and criminal if the payer was a coach who did it to win a ballgame.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Ai. This reminds me of some of the stories my students tell me about the Little League coaches around here. What is *up* with sports in this country?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home