Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sabotage or Success

After this semester, I will be one course away from completing my course work for my PhD. I realize that I have only been in the PhD program two semesters, but instead of doing thesis hours during my masters, I just took the extra composition, rhetoric, and literacy classes to apply to my PhD. This semester, I am nailing down how I’m going to do my dissertation. I’m also seeing the light at the end of this long academic tunnel. If all goes well, I may be Doctor Bitch real soon, or at least before I turn 55. Which brings me to my latest conundrum: I have noticed that when I get close to reaching my goals, or at least in the past, I seem to do this sabotage thing. I'm hoping that old habits are not creeping back. This semester I am teaching five classes, taking two, writing a book, writing a chapter for the esteemed professor, chiseling out the Literacy Academy, and writing a conference paper. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I certainly hope this is not the case. If I make it this semester, know that I am woman hear me roar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home