Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Normal

School will be starting soon and I must say that I take great pleasure in knowing that my routine will resume. Over the summer, I have taught Summer school, wrote a thesis, studied for comps, and have chased after my grandbabies. I am ready for morning coffee in my office and, while there, greeting the various faces that are essentially strangers but familiar. I also need to learn. I’m at this age where I question every single move that I make. For instance I question this entire coming back to school thing. Here I am in the PhD program and I keep asking, am I too old? WTF, I know I’m old but does it matter. Okay, this can easily be a high jacked post so back to what is normal. So, I’m ready to hear the clappers going up and down the hall, see the fresh scrubbed faces of my freshmen, and smell the nice fragrance of youth. Oh, and I do really really miss my office mates. Maybe, just maybe this year I’ll get a female for our office. We can then put up posters of flowers and cats and other silly girlly things. NOT!

5 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I'm not sure I'm *ready* to go back...but I kinda miss classes. (And you're not too old! Socrates went back to school at 70!)

6:18 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:31 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I don't feel old. I mean, I don't feel 53. And, you know the really weird thing is that when I am talking to the young kids, I don't seem to notice that I am older than they and older than some of their parents. It's as if I develop this amnesia, but then they'll say something about nine inch nails or jello shots or cock blocking and I'm like wtf. I suppose I'm reminded that I've lived a long time and where did it all go. When did I grow up?

4:43 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

Hey, Zelda, email me! These fucktards at the U "fixed" our email and in the process erased all our saved addressed so now I don't know yours or anyones. GRR!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sarasvati Fautheree said...

Reading this post belatedly, as i am now, i laugh so hard when i read that part about how "maybe i'll get a female in the office." careful what you wish for, zelda...

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home