Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When it rain,....

Since I’ve been in graduate school, July has always been the financial nightmare month for us. I mean, we, like many others, get loans and grants to go to school and we use that money to get us through school and to help us through the summer. By July, though, we begin to run out of money and are living on hubby’s earnings, which are okay if we only had one rent and were not taking care of my daughter and her children. So, this summer, I taught, hoot hoot, and we were thinking how nice it was going to be that we were not going to have to stand in line for free soup. Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but the teaching did make it possible to give the four-year-old a wonderful birthday party. Well, July is here and we have just enough money to get us through until we get our school money and then I see this email about tutors being needed at the University. So I email; they hired me, and I’m now tutoring and getting 10 bucks an hour and will get a pay check every two weeks, which will help us tremendously. Then, hubby is looking on his school account and sees where he has money that he didn’t sign for, so he runs over and signs and we got near 2000 bucks to get us through. So, yesterday, I ran to the grocery store and bought a shit load of good food, you know fruits and vegetables and sugar free cakes and many grains. Remember, on my other blog, if ya read it, I’m going to get healthy. Yeah right. Okay, it can happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Having enough money is *so* *nice*.

6:22 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Yes, it really is. Ya know what I miss, just spending for no reason. Now, we have to have a reason to spend. WE get gas because we are going somewhere, we buy food to eat, and gifts when there's an occassion. Not like before Bush took our economy to hell and I could just buy and buy and have fun and no guilt. I miss freedom.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home