Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Students

Over the last few weeks, I have been running into a lot of my students. Eating out, they are there; shopping, they are there too, and I decided that they just might be stalking me and my friend says no, it’s a phase and you may never ever see another one. And so, I threw caution to the wind and went to this thing. Okay, so I don’t really have Tina Turner’s moves. Okay, it’s true, I don’t really sing like her either, but in the world of karaoke, no one gives a fuck. But, I was busting the moves and getting down and thinking that I might be moving to the beat of the music and I feel this body next to me and I look and the body is making connection and I look up and the young man says, “Ms Zelda, is that you?” Okay, they are everywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

No, they're not stalking you, and yes, it's going to keep happening. This is how it is when you're a professor in a small-is town. Did I forget to warn you? Let me tell you sometime about when I was buying condoms in the Ben Franklin in Idaho and two of my students happened on me in line...

7:21 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

No, you did not warn me of this phenomena. It is never an upleasant experience as most of my students seem to eagerly come up and say hi. The scene, though, in the bar was a little much.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home