Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

One Gay Man

I am courting a gay man. It’s not what you think. I have always had gay men friends and have loved them and they me. Well, when I moved back to Arkansas my only gay friend was not out of the closet and so when we were in public, our fun was restrained and then he came out and started getting shit about it from his employer and family and others so he moved far far away, and I got hit by the fucking drunk driver. So, my life was more about living and less about having meaningful conversation with others. Then I began to walk and started back to school and became to busy for finding friends and now, well, I have found that I have time.

So, there’s a gay man and he is so sweet and has this really smirky sense of humor and he is smart and reads and while he works at a little neighborhood store, he still has time to do his nails and keeps his hair so cleverly styled. So, I’ve taken to stopping by the little store on my evening walks and he has gone from saying hello to hi to what’s up and now we are talking about things. If all goes well, I’ll have a gay man to hang with. I can’t wait. I know this sounds a little fag haggy or even a little mean and I don’t mean it that way. I love gay men and I think I may have been a gay man in another life or am a gay man inside this middle aged woman’s body. And I know Mr. Zelda is going to be all pissy about me having a man friend because in this society men and women are never friends--only fuck buddies.

You know why I love gay men? They don’t give a fuck. Yes, that’s it.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

He's a buddy. Why can't you have a buddy?

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home