Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Books

I can't imagine a home without books but there are many such homes. The really sad thing is that in these homes live children. I wish there was a way to get the state to buy books and put them in the homes of children. Books should be like free lunches. I know we have libraries but not all kids have parents who like going to the library. But if we could put books in their homes and if we advertised how well students who read do in school and college and if we allow them to see reading as important as brushing their teeth, well, I think literacy in our state would zoom.

1 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

I so agree with you.

I'd love to see some of our tax money buying paperback books and just flooding the community with them.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home