Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fucking Bugs.

You know, I love winter and I sorta like spring, but summer I hate. I hate that the air is thick, that I sweat, and that I get bit by those damned mosquitoes every single time I dart out the door. Back before I had chemo, I was constantly taking these strong antibiotics to combat this fucking lung disease and so when insects got near me, they never landed cause I was a huge mound of toxic human flesh. Now, though, they think I’m a tasty morsel and they bite and bite and bite. Plus, they swarm. I hate those little fuckers. Another thing I hate, cicadas, and they will start crawling up the trees ready to turn into bugs and then they fly around haphazardly banging into anything in their way and they screech and screech. Oh my fucking god, the summer is coming and my misery begins. Oh, one more thing I hate, I hate those black bugs that swarm at the lights and they have that crusty outside shell and they have long hairy legs. Ewwey, I want to move.

3 Comments:

Blogger BrightBoy said...

I've had a lifelong fear of bees, and one thing I loved about summer as a child was the fact that they disappeared and I actually felt safe to walk outside.

I actually like summer a good deal now, though.

Where do you live?

12:40 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

AND the heat. Don't forget the evil heat.

1:08 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I live in NW Arkansas. It is humid and hot and full of insects and trees and more insects. From June until October, I stay inside.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home