Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I live to tell the tale

It was my grandson, he gave it to me. I tried not to kiss him but he told me that my good germs would kill his bad germs, sort of my small lesson on immunity back a few months ago when he was worried about getting sick, and he was so cute and so I kissed him and he felt better and I was sure I was immune, you know the flu shot. I guess the flu shot only covers the respiratory flu. Who knew? I thought I was going to die. It was Sunday night around 10:00 and I was feeling a little icky. Anyway, I say I’m going to bed and hubby says okay and he comes up to the office to read. I toss from one side to the other and think that my tummy is really hurting and I’m feeling a little dizzy like I drank too much cheap wine but there was no wine. After an hour or so of this feeling, I realize that I am going to hurl and run to the bathroom where I can’t decide if my urge to hurl is stronger than my urge to have the dreaded diarrhea and so I sit and I yell, “I’m sick.” And Mr. Zelda says, “I can tell.” Actually, I didn’t hear the response because I fainted and fell smack dab into the floor head first of which I have two big bumps and a huge abrasion. So he comes in and revives me and later tells me that I was turning blue. Later, like an hour later, I was back visiting the porcelain god and he was there to make sure I was okay, and I passed out again. It was a night of hell, I thought I was going to die and if I had felt one bit better, I’d gone to the ER, but I felt so badly, that I couldn’t be bothered. Today is the first day that I have eaten or drank anything and what I ate wasn’t much; however, I am now not so horizontal and am feeling a little better, weak but better. Is there a lesson to be learned, no, I had my flu shot and eat lots of good stuff and try not to breathe any germs.

1 Comments:

Blogger OTRgirl said...

That sounds unbelievably horrible!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I've never heard anyone say that if they felt a little better they'd have gone to the ER!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home