Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Farts, Asses, and Smoke?

So, I have memorized every single word, every single song, every single character in both Shrek and Shrek II. Now, that’s not a bad thing to do, except that my grandson is not quite 2 and he loves scatological humor. When Shrek farts in the mud, my grandson laughs with delight. When the dragon kisses the ass of Shrek instead of the donkey, well, he goes nuts. Then there’s the scene where the little puppets come out and remind the visitors to wipe their face and wipe their…and they turn around and bend over and you see their butts but they say shoes. While I feel like such a loser of a Nana for letting him watch this stuff, I also enjoy the moments of totally quiet time, minus the laughter. I tried nice little DVDs like the vegeetales and those awful Barney ones, but no, he likes scat. What’s next, Up In Smoke? Who knows. And if you don’t know what Up In Smoke is, well you are too young to understand.

2 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Well, at least he has a good excuse for liking potty humor: He's a toddler! It's when they're "all growed up", supposedly, men in their 20's and older, hootin' and snortin' over armpit sounds...
Um, no, I don't think "up in smoke" for the little one is such a great idea...;)

2:38 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I keep telling my son that the less we laugh during those gross scenes, the less likely our Baby will see that as something he needs to do or laugh at, but then, my son will crack up laughing and I frown at him and the Baby cracks up laughing. Where is Captain Kangaroo when you need him? Up in Smoke, I know, way too old for him. But I have to admit that I loved every single one of their movies. Why is that I wonder.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home