Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, May 15, 2006

A death in the family: well, maybe not quite a death.

My computer died. Well, it can be brought back with a new power source, but we have to wait until the stores open and then only if they have the right size source. Now, we have three other pcs here in our house but my pc has my novel on it, the one that I am writing about the whore. I have seven chapters that I didn’t back up. I know, I know, I should always back up or in the least save it in this one little file that can be accessed from my husband’s pc but, well, I just didn’t expect to have a computer problem. So, I am all nervous and pissed and wanting to add to my novel but can’t because I like to see what I wrote last, you know build from the last point. Life sucks.
ON the bright side, I didn’t burn the eggs. Not that I burn them a lot, but sometimes, like today, when I’m stressed, I just don’t pay attention and things burn.
Enough said.

4 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Losing what you're writing -- that's the worst. But if it's only the power source -- that's not the memory, is it? Once the power source is replaced, the novel's still in there. Yes? (I'm computer ignorant.)

12:51 PM  
Blogger CB said...

certainly that's right. you know you need to save your stuff on a flash drive, just do it the first time around and resave and resave. hopes you stuff is accessible still.

2:38 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

The powersource was replaced and now it's the motherboard so my memory place is still okay. After the motherboard, maybe I can then get my stuff off. I have told him over and over that I need a new pc, since he took my laptop. So, now we are fixing this one and I will never trust it again. I need a new tower. ARgh and I'm trying to decide if I am going to stay in summer school or drop out. I got the syllabi from both classes and the cultural class only has four students. I can hang with four students, and my spanish class looks so fun. I don't know. I hate to put the baby in child care so soon. I just don't know, but have only two more days to decide before I must drop. ARgh.

6:53 AM  
Blogger CB said...

eek that's rough stuff.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home