Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Good News, Finally Good News.

I have good news, real good news. The judge signed the order for me to be The Baby’s temporary guardian. They filed the papers today and by Monday, I should be able to go pick my copy up. As far as getting The Baby, I’ll get him after I get my copy of the guardianship papers. I am so excited, knowing that he will have a safe and normal life, but at the same time, I am so sad. I know that my daughter will never forgive me for this, even if she ever gets off of the drugs, she will not forgive me, but that was the sacrifice I had to make to make sure the Baby is safe. It’s like that dream, I’m in the water and I can only save one. I had to save the Baby. We are going to finish child proofing our little apartment, and we are going to get him new things. I know she won’t give us the many things that we have bought for him and that’s alright. I will just buy new stuff.
I am so happy, I could drink a beer, that is if I liked beer.

14 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Excellent news. I know you're worried about your daughter, but the baby has to be first here. Which I know you know, but I thought I'd say it.

6:57 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Thanks. If I keep saying, my son keeps saying, and Mr. Zelda keeps saying, well, it makes it easier to tolerate. The good news, I get him Monday. Yeah! I will finally get to sleep all night long.

11:14 AM  
Blogger CB said...

YAY!!!!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Great news! What a difference this will make for The Baby. Maybe some day your daughter will be able to see that you did the right thing.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Congrats! And good luck!

8:50 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Everyone, thanks for your good thoughts. I know it's going to be hard, I am, after all, not a spring chickey, but I know how to keep my grandson safe, loved, and nurtured. That's all that matters. Today, we're checking out daycare.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

How long does the temporary arrangement have to last before you can acquire full legal custody?

12:12 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Diane, we go to court on May 24 and the judge will extend the guardianship while they appoint an attorney for the baby, and order her drug tested and watch her criminal trial and have a case worker see if she does have a job, have a house, and all of that. My attorney pretty much told me that it's a done deal. That the judge is going to rule in my favor because of her drug conviction and her other brushes with the law. My heart is breaking because I know that in her heart my daughter loves her sons but she loves dope more and right now, her addiction is ruling her judgement. So, she is hurting and crying and wishing she could do better. I wish she could too.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Chaser said...

Horray, zelda--that IS good news!

4:52 PM  
Blogger CB said...

Is my puter broke or have you just not blogged?

10:14 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:08 PM  
Blogger CB said...

you used a name!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Oh My God, I'm so sorry to the named person, I'll remove it now.

6:40 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Now, thanks Lisa, and to Mouse, what I said.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home