Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pass me a cookie.

I am so pissed off at my self. After going to the grocery store and spending 225 dollars on absolutely nothing, I come home, and the doorbell rings, and I go to the door, and there is a cute little girl with a snotty nose and her father there. I say hello, she coughs and sniffs and says hi, I say you got a cold, and she says a real bad sore throat and I say should you be out in this weather and she says it’s okay. Her dad interrupts our girl talk, in an impatient I wanna go home and watch some really manly television program and not be here selling girl scout cookies, and says she’s selling girl scout cookies, and I say let me get my check book and the rest is history. So, I’m not mad for supporting the girl scouts, I’m not even mad for paying four dollars a box for not that great of cookies, I’m mad because I should have given her the money and told her to keep the cookies, yes, that would have been best, just make a donation. Now, I’m eating these caramel stuffed, coconuts and chocolate cookies and they are gooey and good and I can’t stop. That is what I am mad about.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cairo The Boxer said...

My mommy is a teacher she is always coming home with "nothing" which her students made her buy. Love your blog.

7:23 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Cario,
Thanks for dropping by, come again. Students are good at making teachers buy their wares, but they are always for such good reasons, like trips, or uniforms, or whatever else they, as a group, need.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home