Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Audio, video, disco

The thing with Latin, well the problems with Latin are the clauses. Now, I get clauses in English, no problemo, but those subjunctive Si clauses and Cum clauses and all the others are so hard for me to identify. I look for the clues like Si, Ni, nisi, cum, or any of the others and if they are not right next to the subjunctives or in the case of the future more vivid the indicative, well I just don’t see it. Will I ever? I am in the last semester of the undergraduate, and while I was tutored and bypassed semesters one and two, I feel like I am every bit as up with the material as the other students, who have been in the classes from start to finish; yet, I’m no where near as good as I should be. I’m making A’s and B’s, but that’s not good enough, I need all A’s.

I am in graduate school and feel I should excel, simply because I am in graduate school. Next semester, I get to take graduate Latin courses, and I can’t afford to not know this stuff. I feel like I’m beating my head with a book, but I will get it. I know, it’s all about memorization, and I do that, and it’s all about learning the formulas for the clauses, and I do that too. It’s just so hard. I know, I’m being a great big ole titty baby. I can do this, I know I can. That little red engine that could has nothing on me. A little more blogging, a little house work, and it’s back to Catullus and his dirty little mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I've got an Essentials of Latin Grammar -- want to borrow it?

8:52 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I think you have loaned me one; but if it will help, yep, I'll borrow it.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home