Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, March 13, 2006

A great big ole tornado, yep that's what it was with golf ball size to baseball size hail

WE had really bad tornadoes rip through our area. My son and I awoke about the same time, to hail bouncing off the walls of our little town house. We looked at the weather report and it said the tornado was heading straight to Fayetteville for us to take shelter, so we woke Mr. Zelda up and went downstairs. The hail had set off the car alarms, the tornado alarm was blasting, and the wind made this awful sound. We waited the tornado out, with all three of us promising to run for the middle room in the house should the wind get really bad. Okay, this is really funny because the room in the middle is the tiny stall like bathroom. I can see all three of us trying to squeeze into it, but we packed on it. Finally the tornado passed, lots of damage, but so far, we have been spared. My sweet son said that he prayed so hard that the tornado would not hurt anyone. I told him that was nice and I’m sure that if god was awake, he heard him and probably did something. My son, who is a devout Christian, says, mom, you better be careful, god hears all those awful things you say. I say, well if hears me then he must be proud to know that I can think and raise questions, and reason, and do all those things that I assume he would want his children to do. Right? My son says, but you are being sarcastic, I say, I know, and I will try and be better.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheTart said...

WOW, glad you are OK... found you over at Mike's blog. Take care & stay safe... they say it's gonna get more bumpy!

SMooch,
The Tart

3:14 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Hi jody and welcome and hey dragonfly, how ya been?

9:54 PM  
Blogger TheTart said...

Drop back by... left a message for ya in the comments.
So glad you stopped by.

Stay safe!
SMooch,
The Tart

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home