Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, February 03, 2006

When all else fails, you're still just fucked!!!

In the words of the law, emergency isn’t immediately and immediately isn’t this minute. So, the attorney gives me good advice, takes my case, but tells me the sooner I have physical custody the better. Well duh. And that the quickest that a judge will see us is next week, that's immediately. So here is what happened, my daughter got arrested for petty theft and stealing electricity. Yep, the electricity was cut off and one of her low life friends turned it back on, and so the electric company contacted me and when they told me the electricity was off and I owed 300 dollars, I said, no it isn’t off, and they said we cut it off and I said, but it’s on, my daughter lives in my house and she has electricity. They are going to arrest her, have her arrested. My attorney says great, go there and when they arrest her, take the baby. Before the cops take her away, she gives the baby to one of her drug addicted friends. A lowlife who has spent four different times in prison on drug charges. I call my attorney who says that they can not keep me from the baby to just go get him. I go to these people’s house, with my huge son and I tell them I am taking the baby and if they have a gun, they best go get it because that is the only way I am not taking my grandson. The guy stood up, the husband of the woman my daughter gave her son to, stood up and looked at my son and sat right back down and we took the baby. Great, too easy. My attorney is prepared to get a judge give me emergency temporary custody, but, the jail is full and no other jail will take her, so they turn her loose, let her go, give her walking papers with a court date. We know she has been released but we take the baby with us up here, hoping that she can’t get anyone to drive her up here, but were we wrong. At 8:00, just before putting the baby to bed, she shows up with the police and takes the baby and tells me she is going to have prosecuted for kidnapping. I laugh. I call my attorney he says not to worry, she has been arrested and will have to go to court and will be found guilty. With that said, he tells me then we have to wait for a week or two at the most.
So, we’re sitting and talking, my son and I, and my son says he thinks my daughter has not done drugs in a day or two, I say why, he says did you look at her, and I say no, he says, mom, I think she is pregnant! (When she gets pregnant, and she is coming down off of drugs, she goes crazy, irritable, can't sleep, or sleeps all the time) I say what, he says she is wearing her fat clothes, which are not fat clothes at all but are size 9. I say, fat clothes and I think about it and I think he is right. Which is a double edged sword, on the one hand she won’t be on drugs for nine months, but once the baby is born, guess what, that’s another baby for me to fight her over, to worry over, and to hope that she can stay clean while she is pregnant, and on and on. Because even if she goes nine months without Meth, as soon as the baby is born, the day the baby is born, her friends will bring her a dose of Meth, they did it before, and she will be cranked in the hospital and when she goes home. Did I tell you that my life sucks?
Oh, and I have a presentation due today and for some reason, and I don’t know why, but my pc isn’t seeing my paper, my memory stick doesn’t remember my paper, and as far as I can tell, I’m fucked. Yep, fucked.

3 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

damn your luck!

6:28 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Just here to say I have been reading all this and thinking about you.

1:58 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Thanks Joe.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home