Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I might like it.

Okay, I love Latin, and I can’t wait until next semester when I can actually take a graduate course in Latin. Yes, it will be fun. But, I am needing to start ancient Greek, but I am real fond of Indian literature, like from India. While I have read Rushdie, I want to read India literature in Hindi. I am thinking, would it be hard to learn? I might take a course in Hindi and see if it is something that I can learn. I mean, I know I won’t get it perfect for years, but hey, I can be in my 70s and translating Hindi texts. Right? I mean, from what my professor says, Hindi is the least studied literature, well by Americans or English speaking people outside of India, in the world. It’s something to consider. I’m not manic, really I’m not, just thinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

oh teach me teach me. You know they say that if you can teach something you really know it. you could practice on me.

6:56 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Don't you think Hindi would be fun to learn?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home