Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's a good day for the hawks.

Yesterday evening, it began to sleet. For over an hour, we heard the sleet hitting the windows and the side of our little abode, then it changed from sleet to snow. I woke up at three and the snow was falling down so fast, and the ground was covered, I went downstairs and opened the door to feel the ice cold air and the tiny flakes of snow. It is still snowing but not as hard. The weatherman says we are going to have snow and ice all weekend. That makes me happy. It makes the hawks happy too. I saw one flying up and all of a sudden it came straight down and I thought it was going to collide with the ground and it snatched up a little furry rabbit. The hawk never touched the ground. It’s like watching eagles fish, they either go straight down or in at an angle and with their claws pick the fish out of the water and off they go, carrying their prey. I think I will spend the day writing about snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home