Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Imagine!

Okay, I’m channel surfing, and I land on GAG, which is a country western station. I land there because I see John Lennon in like a video, and I’m interested. But, but, it wasn’t him singing, no it was a blond woman with huge breasts and long red nails and big puffy hair. It was Dolly Pardon singing, get this, Imagine. Can you imagine? I know there are some things better left alone and Imagine was one of those songs that only sounded right being done by the Beatles. While I like Dolly Pardon and realize she has a talent for song writing, she should, never, ever, try to redo a Beatles’ song. So, if you see it, you are not experiencing an acid back flash as I first thought I was doing, you are not in some weird dream, you are not, in fact, in some bizarreo world, and you haven’t entered the twilight zone, nope she did it. Imagine that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inqztve said...

Hey, Just wanted to drop a line. The fact that you love to visit old book store reminded me the College Street in Calcutta. There is Presidency College on one side and the famous Calcutta Coffee House on the other side. And, the mile long street is overflowing with vendors in there temporary stalls under plastic roofs. And trust me, those vendors can get you anything ever published or even not published yet!!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Thanks for dropping by and by all means come back. You won't get too much heavy thought here but if you are into really politically motivated discussions, I can point you to Delagar, who visits here from time to time and DED space too. Just click on their name and you will find very interesting political and other reading pleasure, but do come back this way too.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home