Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, October 07, 2005

who could fucking eat an egg now?

Okay, I thought I was getting over the wing guilt thing, and now, I am suffering from even more than wing guilt, there is the egg guilt. I shouldn’t have read it, but it was there and so I did. Yep, stack the nest one on top of each other, the top hen shits, it falls on the one underneath and so on until the poor bottom hen, well you can imagine, plus, they, the farmers, cut off their beak tips. They don’t want them, the chicken, to do what is natural and that is to peck. You see, we had chickens and they just ran around in the yard, and at night, when I put corn in their pen, they all ran inside, it was still plenty roomy, and I closed the gate. It kept them from getting eaten by the coyotes and the hawks. When they were out of the pen, and even in the pen, they could scratch the dirt, that’s what they do, scratch for worms and insects. Inside their gizzard, you can find anything, my grandma kept all the doodads that came out of her gizzards, and it included nails, screws, and pennies, what ever they ate. Funny, maybe not healthy but I’m sure much healthier than living in chicken shit, not moving off your nests, and never getting to scratch or peck. My question, which is rhetorical but if anyone wants to answer feel free, buy why do we let people get by with such cruel behaviors to animals. Are we such pigs that we don’t care? I know about the chickens and yet, I still succumb to the wings. There is a solution, a place where the animals are raised good and clean and all of that and we are going real soon, but we are sure the meat and eggs and milk will be much more expensive so I’m thinking we should just eat faceless things. No face, then we won’t eat. After visiting the site http://www.factoryfarming.com/fish.htm I have decided that humans are the most barbaric of all the earth and I know because I watch the animal planet and I’ve seen lions killing for food, and they do it quickly and for food. The only really gross animal is the hyena and I think the Tyson’s are related or are evolved from those beasts because of all the suffering they put their chickens through. That’s all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home