Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wal-Mart sucks raw eggs.

Wal-Mart is like the workhouses of Victorian England. I am sure, I have friends who work there and see what they go through. They work eight hours, get paid barely minimal wage, and their pay is so low, they can’t afford insurance for their children. They get food stamps to subsidize their low pay, live in federally funded houses, and their children get Medicaid. So, how long is the government going to subsidize Wal-Mart employees so the cooperate execs can continue to make billions, pay their employees pennies, and we make up the difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home