Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I have strep throat, and if that isn’t bad enough, I went to the emergency room and my oxygen saturation was 93, which isn’t terrible but isn’t great either. They did an x-ray of my chest and I have pneumonia in both lower lobes. Next came the blood work which took five sticks, an IV and IV antibiotics, a breathing treatment and a little hint that I should stay in the hospital overnight. No way, I say. Shit, I swear, other that a little shortness of breath and fever, I had no other symptoms and because of my asthma, I am always intoned to my lungs. The ER doc said I had probably had it for a while. Well that explains the miserable state that I have been in lately. Sooo, I am grounded from school, from work, from school, and it sucks. The doc said for me not to even entertain an idea of school until Monday and maybe not then. I am fucked. Graduate school and missing one week right here at the last mile. I don’t think I can get any more depressed than I am now. My lungs hurt, my back hurts, my neck hurts, and my feelings are hurt. Someone, who was sick, didn’t use good hand washing and because of that, I am paying the price. I will go back to school with an arsenal of antibacterials and will not let those nasty germs enter my body again. God, I’m depressed. Seriously, I am thinking about wrapping the scarf around my head and around my mouth. That way, I am at least putting up a little defense.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I was worried about you -- but you can recover from this! (Academically, I mean.) Remember you were this sick last winter too and you pulled out of it.

Is it too late to drop a class? Not that you have to or anything, but keep in mind that there's no shame in bailing if you need to.

4:20 PM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

I really think I am okay academically. I am worried about my reputation as a dependable and healthy student. My biggest fear is the head pedagogy guy not giving me a TA because of illness. That would totally suck. I can catch up in my classes and will start tomorrow. I have nothing else today but try to breathe, and since I am feeling a little better, I will use my time to study.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home