Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I am wanting to bitch, must be feeling better

I can’t believe that I am finally feeling better. Tuesday night, I thought that I was going to die, and today I can breathe and go up and down the stairs without passing out. Yesterday and today, I have been playing catch-up on my reading and wishing Mr. Zelda would do the dishes and clean the floor. I know he sees the mess piling higher and higher with each bowl of soup, yet he has makes no attempt to remedy the problem. I say maybe you should fill the dishwasher and clean the floor, and he says when you go to bed, and so I think yeah, and when I wake up, sink still full of dishes but two more bowls are added and lots of milk glasses. There was even a banana peeling in the floor, and I’m thinking didn’t he know he dropped it, and so I bend over to pick it up and my head swims. I am resisting the urge to ask him why he is not doing the work, but I know it will make him defensive, and I don’t want to do that, so the alternative is for me to just let the dishes pile and when I am well enough, I will clean house. Is that the right thing to do?, and am I letting him off the hook? Shit, I am still too weak to worry about domestic chores and really if he just keeps the mess in the kitchen, I’ll be fine. My plan, I will not do the dishes, not even when I am well. I will just hope he sees the need to step up to the sink. I wonder if all men are like this and if so why?

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Ha. That's what mr. delagar says when I ask him to load the dishwasher -- I'll do it tomorrow, he says. What is it with these fellas?

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home