Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

A day for nature

My husband and I are going for a drive through the mountains. I am not so sure it is a good idea with my new blood pressure medicine making me so weak but we decided to take a ride, find a park, and sit and read in the park surrounded by turning trees and if we are real lucky, we might see an Eagle or even a brown bear. The last time we went for a drive, I saw a mountain lion and it was sitting on a huge rock surveying its territory. I loved it and wanted to get out of the car and take a picture but I know how foolish that would have been and I am glad that I didn’t get out because not long after we got there she walked away and two little kittens followed her.

On that same trip, we parked on the side of the road near a low water bridge and waited and waited and hoped that we would see a road runner that had raced down the road with us and we wanted to see if it would come back out of the brush. A huge deer came out, though, and drank from the water. We were so close and I know he knew our car was human and dangerous but he didn’t seem to mind. In fact, he stared at us for a long minute and then walked off.

Most of what we see are deer and birds, and beavers, and squirrels, and the like. But sometimes, we get a really rare treat and see coyotes and wolfs and mountain lions and owls and turkeys, things like that. It is so nice and I can’t wait to get started. Maybe we can get pictures and if I can figure out how to put it on here, I will put them in the computer and on this site.
Life is good, but life with nature is so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home