Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

And Then I Have These People In My Life

Yesterday was the first day that I entertained in my new townhouse/apartment. My friends came up for a visit. I fed them spaghetti, not the best that I ever made, but considering that I am working in a kitchen that has not been fully stocked with all my spices and cooking tools, it was pretty good. We ate off of TV trays, which was fun, I think, for the baby. I really love my friends, but I really really love the baby. She is a girl and while I have two grandsons who own my heart, I don’t have a female grandchild so to have this perfectly darling baby girl, who is so like me when I was her age, is a dream come true. A seven-year-old prodigy who reads on a very high level and talks like an adult and still likes books that have paint and activity books and has a real grandmother far away, well you can guess how I just have to step up to the plate to grandmother this child. She with a grandmother far away and I with no granddaughter. It is a scene right out of…well a really good book I think.

Anyway, they are familiar with this town that I have moved to, so they took me on a tour. They showed me where they lived while in graduate school, where they shopped, where they did their laundry and the streets they walked. It was so novel this tour. They took me to the huge library and now I know where to go to get free books.

We ended our tour at Barnes and Noble where I just happened upon Don Quixote in Spanish. Just what I have always wanted. I snatched it up and then the baby and I went to the children’s section and looked for really cool books. WE had a blast. Our day ended at Starbucks drinking coffee and talking about books. It is so nice to finally have friends who like books as much as I. To top the day off, they gave me a wonderful going off to graduate school gift. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me. It was so great. I am so lucky to have such good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home