Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Breath

I finished my thesis, which was actually finished, but I re-read it and found things and worked on the things; finally, though, I turned it into the three. I had hoped to get it over with but understand that the doctors have a life and plans and that reading my thesis and marking it up good will take time, so I’m looking at the end of this month or the beginning of next before I can defend. In addition, my World Lit. Comps are on hold because the three who are on that committee are scattered abroad. So, I’m looking at the first of September for the comps too.
Having turned in the thesis, well, I feel lost. I mean, I’ve been researching and working on this thing in some form or another for over a year and now I’m thinking I should feel guilty for writing on my blog instead of on my thesis. When does the haunting stop?
I did put all the research in one corner of my living room so that when I revise, if I need, I’ll have the books and articles on hand. I think I’ve had Foucault’s prison book checked out for over a year.
There are these caterpillars all over my big tree and they are eating the leaves and the birds are going crazy eating the caterpillars. I wonder if it hurts really badly to be eaten by a robin? And, I wonder if the tree leaves fill the pain of the little holes left by the caterpillars?
Geeze, I need something to do.

4 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Zelda! Let's write! Let's start the writing group again! I miss it!

10:58 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

Oh, me too. Let's do. I am going to study for my comps and then it's back to me writing good stuff, fun stuff. Oh, I can't wait.

6:25 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Twice a month sounds excellent. Want to start in September, after the semester is in play?

11:15 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

yes. My problem is that I have classes M-W night, and I still don't know what or when I'm teaching. As soon as I know for certain, I'll get back with you. I don't know if Casse will join us but I'll ask. If not, we can always add another. LOL

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home