Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm home

I drove to New Orleans for the conference because of the tear in the lung and not being able to fly or scuba dive or deep sea dive or jump out of a plane or go deep into a cave. Now when the doctor was telling me all of these things, I thought he was crazy. Do I look like a risk taker? But, the flying was a bummer, so we drove to NO and I had a blast. I loved the parties, loved the food, loved the conference, and loved it all. By the way, the paper that I co-wrote with the esteemed professor with many credentials, many books published, and holds a fancy chair, went well. Afterwards, the questions were all directed at us and after the questions stopped, many people came over to discuss my work in the Delta. Afterwards, I went to another panel's presentation and then had many drinks, which I did between sending Mr. Zelda off in search of food. Yep, sneaky drunk that I am, I managed to drink muchos and hubby not even know, well, not until we started back to our hotel and I kept stumbling and saying things like, my face is numb and do I have my shoes on. Oh, and on the way back, we almost took a tour through the swamps, but, alas, I had a hangover and when I looked at the water before stepping onto the boat, I became ill. The man laughed and said something like, "Oh, you not like the water?" I smiled and thought, nope, not the water, the mixture of rum and coke, wine, and some drink which was so good that I asked for two at a time. So, I'm home now, and working like a mad woman on my thesis and trying to get my papers for my classes done. I can do this, I know I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

Where was the conference? Where's you stay?

9:42 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

New Orleans and we stayed at the Embassy Suits.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home