Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Bye

Boy From The Wrong Side Of The Tracks died. He was 55 years old, the father of two girls, and had survived an abusive father, the sixties, and a tour in Vietnam. What he couldn’t survive was his wife walking out. He shot himself in the head, fell over into the bathtub and died long before his abusive father found him. Boy From The Wrong Side Of The Track dated my best friend and many nights we drove down dirt roads drinking rot gut and smoking pot. Sometimes he was my champion, treating me like his sister and not letting his drunken friends treat me disrespectfully, and other times he wanted to touch my breasts and even tried to force kiss me. After the drunk driver ran me down and I was left in the wheel chair, Boy From The Wrong Side Of The Track built me a ramp and came over with offers of good pot and conversation, and in his rough exterrior, I knew it killed him seeing me immobile. While I haven’t talked to him years, I will miss him.

3 Comments:

Blogger OTRgirl said...

Sigh. I'm sorry for your loss.

1:08 AM  
Blogger zelda1 said...

YOu know, it really makes me sad becausee I didn't stay in touch with him. He sorta went down one path and I another. Every once in a while I would see him and we always spoke, but I haven't really had that much to say to him since the early 90s. I guess if he had died of natural causes these would be easier to take, but knowing t hat he killed himself really makes me and probably every one else feel like we failed him.

5:46 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

That can be a tough kind of sadness to deal with.

Hugs.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home