Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Not the final chapter.

Wow, I did it, I just updated to the new beta thing. I don't like changes and when something works, well, I want to stick to it, but all of my blogger friends have updated and I felt left out, so I did it.
It's the end of the semester and I am feeling some of the post traumatic shock syndrome of having survived another semester and narrowly making deadlines. I wonder if that was what Freud had in mind when he wrote about trauma and latency in trauma? Who knows, it is working for me, getting me out of a lot of activities that I would otherwise be forced to go to like, well, shopping, laundry, shopping, and all of that and I am just not a shopper, never have been, never will be. I hate crowds, rude people, and fast moving children. So, I avoid the mall and the other stores as much as possible or go so early that most people are still in their jammies. But, I have to go out soon and buy gifts for the people in my life. What I want is to go buy me a thick gooey dessert but I am afraid of getting high blood sugar and having to get insulin, yep, so I am being extra good, not eating a lot of carbs, well, not eating a lot of anything to avoid all the problems that came with me getting well, and I'm wonderering all over what it was that I wanted to get well for? Oh I know, to get rid of the pain, that was the reason, but, I could eat gooey desserts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home