Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Friday, April 28, 2006

A busy summer.

I have two more semesters left, and I will have my masters. Yahoo. I am going to summer school to take classes, not that I need them, but I want to gain a certain skill in Spanish and to do so, I need to finish my studies that I started, so I am taking Intermediate II and advanced Spanish. I am also taking this really cool cultural studies class and in Summer II, I am taking Shakespeare. Everyone wants to know why I need Spanish. Well, there is a professor coming here, and he is going to teach the PopoVu and he only speaks Spanish, so for me to take the class and understand it, I have to read, write, and speak Spanish. While the Popovu isn’t exactly Latin, no not at all, but it is ancient, real ancient and perhaps is one of the first really good ancient texts, so I am going to make ready to study it. IN addition to teaching the Popovu, he is going to teach a few other ancient Aztec writings. No matter what culture, Roman, Greek, or Aztec, it’s all about what they left, their writings and how it affects us today. So, summer I and II will be occupied with more language.

3 Comments:

Blogger CB said...

I'm gonna graduate in 2007 that's right in Spring of 2007. Me, me, yups, Me's getting out o undergrad. :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Interesting courses, zelda. wish I were fluent in either Spanish or French, both of which I've studied, but have let lapse. What is the Popuvo?

9:43 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

oops - Popovu?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home