Cauldron

I like books.

Name:

I live in a small town and enjoy writing about the inhabitants. I spend most of my time perusing through used book stores looking for that one great book that I don't have; consequently, I have rooms filled with books. I am a book addict.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gotta love the pool

Yesterday, I took The Baby to the pool. He fit nicely in his coastguard-inspected-able-to float-in-the-Pacific-for-days vest that Mr. Zelda insisted he wear. I say to Mr. Zelda, You do understand that this is a wading pool? MZ. Yes, but he needs to wear the vest for protection. Me. Against what. MZ. Drowning. Me. I’m not leaving him alone in the WADING pool.

So we go to the pool and all the other children had these things on their arms, and I’m sure The Baby felt left out, but when I decided to take him into the big pool and his really safe life jacket made it where he was able to have more independence, then he and I were both happy that MZ or to The Baby, Granddad, insisted on the life jacket.

We played in the pool for hours, until we were both pruned up sufficiently. At one point, he was lying on his back, and I was moving him around in the water, and he was looking at me, and I saw my daughter, that look, just like her when she was his age. He smiled at me and I leaned down and kissed his nose, like I did hers so many times. Then he almost went to sleep, so I decided we best get dressed and head home.

The real treat was getting home and watching him telling Granddad about his adventure, which involved jumping and moving his arms and jabbering and every once in a while a word like water and jump and kids and bus came out. He saw a bus and that rates right up there with swimming and jumping in the pool and going under the giant water fall.

He goes home today. I’m not looking forward to saying goodbye, but it’ll be okay. The cuttings that I brought from my house are rooted and need to be planted in the boxes that I bought. I think before he goes, I’ll have him help me plant ivy and moss.

1 Comments:

Blogger jo(e) said...

I'm so glad you got to have this nice day with him.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home